E-learning & toolkits
E-learning: Creating Value Through Diversity & Inclusion: challenging unconscious bias
Diversity Partners is thrilled to offer a new eLearning program, Creating Value Through Diversity and Inclusion, in partnership with Learning Seat, an award winning eLearning solution provider to businesses across Asia Pacific.
The program helps leaders optimise the benefits of diversity of talent and ideas, and challenge unconscious bias in the workplace.
It’s designed for managers and leaders across all industry sectors in Australia, and is a particularly effective way to reach large audiences across multiple locations.
The program consists of three learning bites, which can be purchased separately or together as a bundle.
Three learning bites
- Learning bite one explores the value of diversity of background (such as culture and gender) and diversity of thinking approaches, and the characteristics of an inclusive work culture.
- The second learning bite builds awareness of unconscious bias, a key barrier to diversity progress in organisations. In the workplace, unconscious biases can impact our recruiting choices, how we allocate work, and key business decisions.
- The third learning bite includes practical strategies for tackling unconscious bias and creating a more inclusive and high-performing team culture.
On completing the learning bites in the bundle, learners should be able to confidently reflect upon – and challenge – some of their own thinking, decision-making processes and leadership approaches to create more inclusive workplaces.
The training is optimised for smartphone delivery and responsive across all devices – allowing users to complete their training on the go, any time.
You can go immediately to the course via the Learning Seat platform by clicking here (and sign up for a free trial), or read further details below.
Learning Bite 1 – Understanding Diversity and Inclusion
· Define what diversity means, and the characteristics of an inclusive work culture
· Identify the benefits of workplace diversity and inclusion
Learning Bite 2 – Understanding and Challenging Unconscious Bias
· Identify examples of unconscious bias in a workplace setting
· Recognise unconscious bias occurring in a workplace setting
Learning Bite 3 – Strategies for Tackling Unconscious Bias
· Identify different strategies for tackling unconscious bias in a workplace setting
· List actions that you can take to become a more inclusive leader
The content contained in this bundle is suitable for managers and leaders across all industries and sectors in Australian organisations.
Topics and duration - details
1. Understanding Diversity and Inclusion - 8 minutes
- Defining workplace diversity
- About workplace diversity
- Benefits of workplace diversity
- The benefits in action
2. Understanding and Challenging Unconscious Bias - 8 minutes
- Common barriers to unconscious bias
- Why and how unconscious bias occurs
- Exploring unconscious bias
- Contextualised scenarios
3. Strategies for Tackling Unconscious Bias - 8 minutes
- How to be a more inclusive leader
- Exploring how others lead
- Inclusive leadership in action
- Reflecting on how you can act differently
Total duration: 24 minutes
You can access the program via the Learning Seat platform by clicking here (and sign up for a free trial).
Making Flexibility Work Toolkit
Flexible work consistently ranks among the most important employee benefits for both men and women. Getting it right - in a way that benefits both employees and the business - is possible and arguably 100% necessary for those who want to thrive in the future.
We provide customised toolkits, resources and training for both managers and employees to help you avoid common mistakes and maximise the effectiveness of flexible work arrangements.
For more details download our Making Flexibility Work Toolkit brochure